From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:12:13
1 Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 >> Currently we are at 4), should we change anything?
3 >
4 > My proposal:
5 >
6 > I would personally like to stay with just the "qt" use flag. The use flag
7 > will be for support of whichever version of Qt is supported (v3 or v4) for
8 > the particular emerge.
9 >
10 > In the cases where more than one version is supported, it should be for
11 > Qt4 only. The Qt3 version should be a separate emerge. For example, in
12 > the case of the poppler bindings, there should be a poppler-bindings-qt3
13 > package.
14 >
15 > It's not pretty, but I think it's the best tradeoff we have.
16
17 My counterproposal:
18
19 The newest version of any package should always have the unversioned
20 flag. Versioned flags should be for a conscious choice to use a less
21 current package.
22
23 I disagree with separate packages, if it's possible to build both at
24 once. That's the point of USE flags.
25
26 Thanks,
27 Donnie