From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:15:18
1 On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 20:54 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > My point is that that's a nasty QA bug that's relying upon input from
3 > Stuart to be fixed.
4
5 I'm afraid you've been mis-informed. The PHP herd has provided a set of
6 default USE flags to go into the profiles, and there's a comment at the
7 bottom of the bug clearly stating that they're currently being tested.
8
9 > Whilst that one's still alive, I'm not going to go
10 > around filing more similar "breaks non-interactively" bugs because the
11 > discussion will just get repeated over and over.
12
13 This point is another example of an attempt to enforce an undocumented
14 QA policy, which is where I made my input, as the architect of our new
15 (and well-received) PHP packages. ... and then the discussion
16 deteriorated into something I'm not particularly proud of, for my part
17 in it.
18
19 Now, back to the topic at hand. Either you have genuine QA issues for
20 webapp-config, which we'd love to know about so that we can fix them, or
21 you don't. Which is it?
22
23 Best regards,
24 Stu
25 --
26 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
27 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
28 http://blog.stuartherbert.com/
29
30 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
31 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C