From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:10:56
1 Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Having the EAPI versioned like this: X.Y where X is the postfix part of the
3 > ebuild (foo-1.0.ebuild-X) and Y the "EAPI=Y" in the ebuild itself we could
4 > increment Y in case the changes to the EAPI don't break sourcing (again: a
5 > package manager will have to mask those ebuilds) while changes breaking the
6 > sourcing of the ebuild need an increment of X to avoid that pm's not being
7 > able to even source such an ebuild still can mask it properly (or just
8 > ignore it).
9
10 What benefits would that offer?
11
12 Cheers,
13 -jkt
16 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth