From: "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 01:50:29
1 [2020-03-27 01:16:43+0000] Samuel Bernardo:
2 > 2) For snapd I need to load previously the remote repositories
3 > dependencies into a tar.gz that need to be stored in ebuild files. This
4 > is ugly, I know, but there is no distfiles trusted repository
5 > alternative where I can place them.
6 > As a workaround, I could create gitlab or github repository and use git
7 > lfs to upload the artifacts that need to be loaded (since I didn't know
8 > any free Artifactory or NexusOSS repositories community supported). Then
9 > use the provided url to download the files.
10
11 Couldn't the snapd_${PV}.vendor.tar.xz available in
12 https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/releases
13 work in your case to avoid downloading tarballs?
14 And probably consider using go-modules.eclass, which can also allow
15 packaging when there is no vendoring done by the upstream by just
16 cut(1)'ing the content of go.sum
17
18 And I'm not so sure why you want to apparently host a tarball?
19 Maybe you're not aware that SRC_URI accepts multiple tarballs? And
20 btw you strongly should only use upstream URLs in it, they don't
21 need to be mirrored in distfiles.gentoo.org for the ebuild to work.