From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Eigen and GPL-2 exception - is a new licence required?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 19:45:24
1 Kevin F. Quinn kirjoitti:
2 >
3 > All these exceptions are doing the same thing - relaxing the GPL as it
4 > applies to the compiler (or template library in this case), so that it
5 > does not apply to works created using it. I like the
6 > "GPL-2-with-linking-exception" license name that the gnu-classpath
7 > package uses; perhaps we could include (concatenate) all the exception
8 > clauses that lead to the same thing into that license file and have the
9 > relevant packages use that license name.
12 This seems like a prudent course of action.
13
14 Regards,
15 Petteri