From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Newsletter (Was: Ideas for user-developer communication)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:37:49
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hello everyone,
5
6 Many people have proposed a 'Gentoo Newsletter', a webpage or email periodical
7 that will allow users to keep current with Gentoo matters and to realize
8 better what the developers are actually doing. People have been complaining
9 that Gentoo isn't transparent and/or user-centric enough, that's a bad sign.
10
11 The idea had been raised on gento-core at least once before and was roundly
12 approved by everyone, but noone actually took up the glove.
13
14 I'll be happy to write the kde and qt-related news items. foser has agreed to
15 do the Gnome stuff, and mcummings will be the perl guy. This is just the
16 result of a fee questions asked on irc, so I expect a lot more people to join
17 this effort :-) Two users have already volunteered to help farther back in
18 this thread.
19
20 Ideally any developer (or user!) should write the editor(s) a quick note
21 whenever he does something big and interesting in Gentoo. There might also be
22 some coverage of the Gentoo community itself, a la the kernel cousins - such
23 as summaries of important mailing list discussions. (Well, that's my own
24 private idea, so ppl may disagree.)
25
26 The position of chief editor & coordinator is still open :-)
27