From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] taking a break from arches stabilization
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:02:46
1 On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:49:40 -0400 Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >
5 >> In the case of amd64 we already
6 >> encourage individual package maintainers to stabilize their own
7 >> packages
8 >
9 > Huh? Have our rules changed? As per devmanual[1] and GLEP 40[2]
10 > stabilization must be carried out by arch teams, unless a special
11 > arrangement is done between a developer and a team.
14 The docs are probably out of date - I'm not sure if the policy is
15 documented anywhere. However it has been a fairly longstanding policy
16 at this point that amd64 allows individual maintainers to stabilize
17 their own packages.
20 Rich