From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] July Council Meeting: Requested Agenda Item
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 03:24:38
1 Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 01:13:36PM +0100, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
3 >> To take an example, there were made up quotes in my GWN interview,
4 >> however, nothing of great harm. I believe that time it was a case of
5 >> attempting to make it more fun, it is however a worrying trend.
6 >
7 > One of my blog entries was also over-interpreted and included in the
8 > GWN without consulting me first, causing a mail storm in my inbox from
9 > angry users of xsupplicant:
10
11 If errors in the GWN result in large numbers of emails directly to you
12 rather than to the GWN, maybe the developer's email link shouldn't be
13 included in articles and feedback should instead be linked to gwn-feedback.
14
15 The GWN is a fairly independent publication, so I think it should be
16 free to make its own mistakes as long as it retains journalistic
17 integrity. But perhaps it could benefit from some sort of advisory board
18 of Gentoo developers/staff?
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie