From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] issues with installing a new kernel
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:09:16
1 On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 02:54:50AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 > > I think it would be good if the /boot mounted check were done in the
3 > > pkg_preinst() function, which gets called right before a merge.
6 > But a /boot partition is not neccesary.
9 Well, I added a simple check in pkg_preinst in
10 linux-2.4.0.11-r3.ebuild to see if /boot exists in /etc/fstab, and if
11 so, it mounts it, then it will unmount it in pkg_postinst.
12
13 > > Yes, it's fine to call depmod -a; if possible, find a way to make it
14 > > work with ${ROOT} so that we can merge to non-root filesystems and
15 > > have depmod operate on the correct set of modules.
18 I also added a call to depmod -a with the -b swtich which allows you
19 to specifiy a root directory to use.
20
21 Pete