From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:11:35
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4 > Then this is a legitimate problem that someone needs to know about and
5 > fix. So having src_test turned on globally is a *good* thing.
6 >
7 [...]
8 >
9 > Again, finding this is good.
10 [...]
11 >
12 > And if you're on an especially slow platform, as a user you can turn
13 > tests off.
14
15 Ciaran, your initial argument was that stable users won't see those
16 failures as architecture teams will spot them during stabilisation.
17 This is wrong, above cases will turn up after a successful
18 stabilisation with full QA. Nobody ever said, that spotting those is
19 bad, so for me this discussion has ended. Enabling by default for
20 everyone (not all users are experts, like it or not) is a bad idea as
21 it causes many false positives and has drawbacks for just-users.
22 For me following your turns and twists through a discussion is not
23 worth my time.
24
25 V-Li
28 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
29 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
30
31 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>