From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mgorny@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving UID/GID assignments to api.gentoo.org
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 22:40:29
1 >>>>> On Sat, 10 Aug 2019, William Hubbs wrote:
2
3 > I propose using a colon like we do in /etc/passwd:
4
5 > root:0:0:baselayout:
6 > bin:1:1:baselayout:some notes go here
7
8 Please no. I thought the purpose of this exercise was to have a format
9 that is human readable, and not something with strange separators like
10 ":" or "|" (as we have in the wiki)?
11
12 There cannot be any whitespace in name, IDs, or provider.
13 So what would be the problem with using whitespace as separators?
14
15 Ulrich