From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo git workflow
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:02:18
1 Rich Freeman:
2 > It would make a lot more sense if we had a release-oriented strategy,
3 > even if releases were hourly/daily/etc.
6 If we are going that way, then we should think over the whole branching
7 model. I have a few things in mind, but I think we are already
8 fine-tuning stuff here that can still be fine-tuned later.
9
10 The workflow will have to be adjusted after git deployment anyway. We
11 cannot foresee everything (e.g. maybe this will be a non-issue if
12 projects accumulate changes and push them in intervals, as pointed out
13 in my previous post).
14
15 If it doesn't work out with rerunning repoman, then we just tell people
16 it's fine without it and think about alternative approaches, like
17 creating additional branches, doing releases or whatnot.