From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Glibc, non-glibc and external libs
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:06:51
1 The problem with external libraries which are needed on non-glibc systems (not
2 sure about uclibc) to have GNU-style functions is getting bigger.
3
4 Not only we need to depend on gettext and libiconv, but there's now also
5 another library, gnugetopt which provides getopt_long function non non-glibc
6 systems.
7
8 This is going to be a problem, because waiting for new virtuals for those will
9 take a lot of time and Gentoo/FreeBSD is slowed down by this a lot.
10
11 I'm asking for a quick solution because Gentoo/FreeBSD is proceeding well but
12 this is hurting the possibility to have all the depends cleaned out.
13
14 There are other solutions a part the new virtuals?
15 --
16 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
17 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
18
19 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/