From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] New keywords for non-Gentoo Linux platforms
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:27:25
1 On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 06:16:01 +0100
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > Unless someone can say what using PROPERTIES=prefix would break, I'd
4 > go with that. It's a /classic/ usage of that variable, as it's simply
5 > a boolean; PROPERTIES is well-defined and I'm hoping all the manglers
6 > support it. It'd be great to see the prefix branch finally merged so
7 > we all get to play with it.
8
9 It would break. Prefix ebuilds won't work unless ED is set, and a non
10 PROPERTIES aware or non-prefix-property aware package manager won't set
11 ED. Unless prefix is reimplemented to require no package manager
12 changes for the install to / case, PROPERTIES is out.
15 Ciaran McCreesh