From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 04:21:35
1 On Saturday 04 August 2001 11:49, you wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 08:30:57PM -0600, Pete Gavin wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I think this has been brought up before, but I think the gentoo-dev
6 > > mailing list would be more helpful if we could split it up into
7 > > something like gentoo-dev (for developer questions and discussion, no
8 > > ebuild/package related stuff or non-developers allowed to post),
9 > > gentoo-ebuild (for ebuild submittal and announcement, anyone can
10 > > post), and gentoo-user (for everything else). Would this be alright?
11 > >
12 > > Pete
13 > > <alkaline@g.o>
14 >
15 > I will do it if I can get some kind of assurance from our developers that
16 > the gentoo-ebuild and especially the gentoo-user mailing lists will be
17 > moderated by at least some of the developers. Dan Armak can handle a good
18 > amount of gentoo-ebuild, but I really need someone who's willing to
19 > moderate gentoo-user. A moderator for gentoo-dev would be nice too :)
20 >
21 > Maybe you could ask on CVS over the weekend and see if anyone is interested
22 > in moderating the mail lists.
23 >
24 > Also, I'll be creating team mailing lists and the # Author: comment in all
25 > new ebuilds will specify the team, i.e.: system@g.o,
26 > infrastructure@g.o, etc. It's too hard to track the specifc author
27 > anyway; we'll just track the team. It'll be up to the team to keep their
28 > own internal organization for all the ebuilds that belong to them. We'll
29 > probably change the # Author: comment to # Maintainer: system@g.o,
30 > for example. This'll work for me.
31
32 How does this combine with the ebuild categories? After all it makes sense
33 that e.g. the desktop team is resposible for kde-* and gnome-*. If a
34 developer from another team adds an ebuild to these categories, should his
35 team be named as maintainer? Should he transfer maintanence to a desktop
36 developer? What about developers who are part of more than one team?
41 Dan Armak
42 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
43 Matan, Israel