From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 1 (Was: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:19:50
1 On Friday 13 April 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > >> Either way, EAPI=1 *should* have a bit more then just slot deps in
6 > > >> my opinion; very least it needs discussion to discern what folks
7 > > >> want.
8 > > >
9 > > > Well, EAPI 1 needs to be delivered quickly...
10 > >
11 > > Why exactly does EAPI=1 need to be rushed?
12 >
13 > Because the tree needed the functionality in question several years ago.
14 >
15 > > I thought the whole point of 0 was allowing a base, so that new stuff
16 > > could be developed while guaranteeing certain behaviour. What's the
17 > > hurry? It's not like there are systems b0rking or anything because
18 > > EAPI=1 isn't around;
19 >
20 > Except there are. Hence why we want EAPI 1 in the short term, not
21 > several years from now. The stuff that will take longer can go into a
22 > later EAPI.
23
24 this is really up to the portage team to drive
25 -mike