From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 1 (Was: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:55:45
1 On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:24:25 +0100
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >> Either way, EAPI=1 *should* have a bit more then just slot deps in
6 > >> my opinion; very least it needs discussion to discern what folks
7 > >> want.
8 > >
9 > > Well, EAPI 1 needs to be delivered quickly...
10 >
11 > Why exactly does EAPI=1 need to be rushed?
12
13 Because the tree needed the functionality in question several years ago.
14
15 > I thought the whole point of 0 was allowing a base, so that new stuff
16 > could be developed while guaranteeing certain behaviour. What's the
17 > hurry? It's not like there are systems b0rking or anything because
18 > EAPI=1 isn't around;
19
20 Except there are. Hence why we want EAPI 1 in the short term, not
21 several years from now. The stuff that will take longer can go into a
22 later EAPI.
25 Ciaran McCreesh