From: Francesco Riosa <francesco@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mysql-4.1.12 call for testers
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:02:21
1 Paul Waring wrote:
2
3 >On 5/17/05, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
6 >>MySQL-4.1.12 is in the tree (hard-masked), and I would like lots of early testing.
7 >>MySQL-4.0.24-r2 is also in the tree (hard-masked) for testing, and contains
8 >>some of the improvements in the 4.1 ebuilds, like the new pkg_config, and the
9 >>updated init.d script.
13 >I'd be happy to give 4.1.x some testing on one of my servers - I'm
14 >planning on reinstalling at some point in the near future (probably
15 >this weekend). Is there anything specific that needs testing, or
16 >should I just drop it in as a replacement for whatever version of 4.0
17 >I'm running and see if it breaks anything?
18 >
19 >Paul
23 Don't know if robbat2 need other testings but here it has been tested
24 only on x86, at the moment there are no other archs avaiable for testing.
25 On all the builds of theese latest months the most fragile stuff has
26 been use flag interaction and client library, so if you don't need say
27 geometry or cluster unset this use, because here it has been tested with
28 pratically all up.
29 Another thing that can need reviev is the support file that the ebuild
30 install (/usr/share/mysql) do you need something more, something different?
31
32 Francesco
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list