From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Kevin <gentoo-dev@××××××.biz>
Cc: Jeremy Huddleston <jeremy@×××××××××××.org>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ALSA and kernel 2.6.1-gentoo-r1 and /etc/init.d/alsasound
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:06:29
1 On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 12:30, Kevin wrote:
2 > Is this a bug? Should I re-emerge and rebuild my kernel? I don't mind
3 > helping to test alsa code that may be buggy, but would prefer using a
4 > kernel where the rest of the code is relatively stable, so I don't think
5 > I want to upgrade the kernel beyond 2.6.1.
6
7 I would think it a bug in the kernel sources, though I should say that I
8 suggest upgrading your kernel pending the newly discovered mmap hole in
9 kernel versions <=2.6.2
12 > Any thoughts on how to get alsa-driver going here?
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Developer, Gentoo Linux
17 Games Team
18