From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: splitting virtual/
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:23:33
1 On 08/15/11 21:55, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:46:59 -0700
3 > Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
6 >> wrote:
7 >>> Hello,
8 >>>
9 >>> Now that we don't have any old-style virtuals in gx86 anymore,
10 >>> I think the 'virtual' category is basically one another plain
11 >>> category nowadays.
12 >>>
13 >>> Considering the number of different virtuals in this category,
14 >>> maybe it would be a good idea to split it a little? What I'm
15 >>> proposing is maybe creating some kind of '*-virtual' categories.
16 >>>
17 >>> For example, half of the current virtuals are prefixed with 'perl-'.
18 >>> Maybe they could be transformed into 'perl-virtual/*'?
19 >>
20 >> why?
21 >
22 > Because I like categories much more than I do prefixes.
25 But right now all virtuals are easily recognizable and nicely grouped
26 into one category. From my point of view that's the best categorization
27 we could ask for ... what would we gain from changing it?