From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: antarus@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: splitting virtual/
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:54:22
1 On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:46:59 -0700
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > Hello,
7 > >
8 > > Now that we don't have any old-style virtuals in gx86 anymore,
9 > > I think the 'virtual' category is basically one another plain
10 > > category nowadays.
11 > >
12 > > Considering the number of different virtuals in this category,
13 > > maybe it would be a good idea to split it a little? What I'm
14 > > proposing is maybe creating some kind of '*-virtual' categories.
15 > >
16 > > For example, half of the current virtuals are prefixed with 'perl-'.
17 > > Maybe they could be transformed into 'perl-virtual/*'?
18 >
19 > why?
20
21 Because I like categories much more than I do prefixes.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny