From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:20:55
1 On 1/2/08, Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Those functions were removed from functions.sh as only update-modules
3 > still uses them. udev does use KV_to_int though. I don't really want to
4 > add those functions back. Although we could trivially add is_older_than
5 > as a C applet built into rc.
6
7 So who should take care of this?
8
9 > > How can I add a specific service dependency using this mechanism? The
10 > > modified service name is missing...
11 >
12 > They're supposed to belong in /etc/conf.d/$SVCNAME
13 > Maybe you could suggest better wording?
14 >
15 > I suppose we could also allow
16 > rc_$SVCNAME_$depend to work, for example
17 >
18 > rc_clock_need="modules"
19
20 Oh... This is good, just document it... :)
21
22 You did not reply regarding this one:
23
24 > > Also the network dependency of stopping/starting services when network
25 > > is unavailable/available is gone, any alternative?
26
27 Regards,
28 Alon.
29 --