From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [gentoo-project] Re: towards a more distributed model
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:54:15
1 On 11/19/2014 06:27 PM, Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
2 > On 11/19/2014 03:36 PM, hasufell wrote:
3 >>
4 >> In the end, I'm not sure if this is actually such a big problem. You can
5 >> still use random ebuilds from random overlays and commit them straight
6 >> to your own overlay.
9 > A bad idea. Bad because of the same reason why copy-past in your code
10 > would be bad.
13 Depends. If a third-party overlay dependency regularly breaks my
14 packages, I am going to copy paste it into my own to have more control
15 over it.
16
17 At that point it is forked. I don't see what's wrong with forking.