From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-forensics/foremost: ChangeLog foremost-1.5.6.ebuild
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:46:45
1 Mike Frysinger schrieb:
2 > On Sunday 08 November 2009 13:10:34 Patrick Lauer wrote:
3 >> On Sunday 08 November 2009 18:37:10 Peter Volkov wrote:
4 >>> В Вск, 08/11/2009 в 16:06 +0100, Patrick Lauer пишет:
5 >>>> And because I'm a lazy
6 >>>>
7 >>>> I'd appreciate if y'all stopped obsessing about such details and just
8 >>>> fix it instead
9 >>> Do you mean that whatever you commit to the tree is not your
10 >>> responsibility? Sorry but it's your job.
11 >> I make things work. Cosmetics are quite low on my list of priorities.
12 >> Feel free to fix such things.
13 >> All "my" packages are free for all to bump, fix and extend, as long as
14 >> whoever touched it is willing to fix any issues that happen from it.
15 >
16 > using this definition of "correct" (the package installs w/out failure and it
17 > seems to work), there is a lot of crap that could be in the tree. that doesnt
18 > mean the ebuild should be in the tree. this kind of work and opinion belongs
19 > in sunrise, not the main tree. we dont have a QA team to fix installed
20 > packages; they're here to maintain the *quality* of the tree.
21 > -mike
22
23 Please stop such comments. Sunrise really isnt a place, where you can drop anything in without any
24 quality check. Join the sunrise team, do our work for some months, then tell me, where it lacks
25 quality checks or anything else.
28 Thomas Sachau
29
30 Gentoo Linux Developer