From: Kevin Lacquement <klac@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo vs. the FHS
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 02:25:00
1 On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:12:41AM +0200, dams@×××.fr wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4 >
5 > FHS is made so that f*cking proprietary application get well installed on every
6 > distribution, so that they can sell more, and make the big linux actors (IBM
7 > and co), more rich.
8 >
9 > If you agree with this way to let linux go forward (I have no opinion on that),
10 > then be FHS compliant. It's certain that being FHS compliant is a plus when
11 > dealing with proprietary software companies.
12
13 Of course, to make proprietary apps happy, Gentoo would also need to be
14 LSB-compliant. And _that_ requires supporting RPMs, which I don't think we
15 want to do (see the GWN from April 1).
16
17 Cheers,
18 Kevin
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list