From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 07:22:44
1 On 11/03/2015 02:52 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 >
3 > So you are telling me that people using github and the switch that took
4 > place has absolutely nothing to do with the changelogs going dead?
5 > You keep saying GitHub. Github is not relevant to this discussion.
6 >
7 > Yes, the ChangeLogs stopped being updated because of git.
8 >
9 > The git transition had been 9 years in the making and has massively
10 > improved Gentoo development. Look at the graph of contributions per
11 > month: https://www.openhub.net/p/gentoo
12 Yes, the rate of git commits has gone up since the git switcheroo.
13 But that's not what you wanted to say I think ;)
14
15 > It was decided that the missing infrastructure for ChangeLogs was not
16 > a sufficient reason to block a hugely important change.
17 >
18 > People care about finishing this, as evidence by this thread. Please
19 > stop complaining.
20 >
21 Apparently my complaining finally re-triggered some action, so sadly
22 this looks like the currently best strategy.
23
24 Sigh,