From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: */* More Py2 only items
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 14:37:46
1 Remco Rijnders wrote:
2 > I'd like to volunteer myself as proxy maintainer for this package. As
3 > this would be the first package in gentoo I'd be working on, I ask for
4 > advice on the following two points:
5
6 Note that I'm no developer but have been proxy-maint for some time.
9 > - Can the removal of this package from gentoo be pushed backwards with
10 > a month or so to allow me to work on packaging this new version as well
11 > as do some rudimentary testing to ensure it works properly with Gentoo?
12
13 I have no idea about this one.
16 > - As upstream for this program would be changed, should the name
17 > getmail in gentoo be kept or would it better to use getmail6, and if
18 > so, what would be the best way to go about this?
19
20 Since you want to avoid clobbering the existing name outside of Gentoo
21 I think you should strive for the same also within Gentoo. That said,
22 if the two are interchangeable then a virtual/getmail ebuild would
23 probably be reasonable.
26 //Peter