From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage dependency solving algorithm
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 20:56:07
1 07.11.14 21:44, hasufell написав(ла):
2 > On 11/07/2014 08:56 PM, Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
3 >
4 > Every time people compare portage to paludis I read stuff like "but
5 > paludis is slower". That is incomplete information to put it diplomatic.
6 >
7 > Do you really care so much about speed that you don't mind wrong results?
10 My original question was about Portage being too slow. And Paludis came out just as an alternative.
11
12 And I would like to see a detailed discussion about what's wrong from the point of view of correctness with:
13
14 1. PMS
15
16 2. ebuilds in tree
17
18 3. Portage dependency solving
19
20 Was this discussed somewhere? Could you point me there?
23 Jauhien