From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: guidline to set a timeline of removal of ebuild from stable tree
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:32:33
1 Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>:
2
3 > One thing that I noticed is that in many cases there are multiple
4 > testing versions of a package available, and one stable version. So,
5 > if you run unstable you can pick and choose, but if you're running
6 > stable (which in theory should be the target audience gentoo aims
7 > for) then you get your choice of only one.
8
9 That is not by purpose. Most people clean-up a package when
10 stabilisation round has been done. So I must say clarify my first
11 statement: I think it is a good idea to have old stable versions in the
12 tree, but that should be the choice of the dev in the end without
13 strict rules.
14
15 V-Li
18 http://www.gentoo.org/