From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first council meeting
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:36:24
1 On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:23:35 +0200 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Friday 16 September 2005 22:38, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > That's not my idea. That's policy. I just happen to a) have actually
5 | > read what policy says and b) agree with it.
6 |
7 | First: I know you're proposing this regularly, but please show me the
8 | policy - I'm sure your interpretation doesn't match mine.
9
10 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=3&chap=1
11
12 > There is a difference between using package.mask and ~arch for
13 > ebuilds. The use of ~arch denotes an ebuild requires testing. The use
14 > of package.mask denotes that the application or library itself is
15 > deemed unstable.
16
17 | Second: a) and b) doesn't match what's going on with large parts of
18 | the tree
19
20 Good time for package maintainers to start following policy properly,
21 eh?
24 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
25 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
26 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm