From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Seeking questions for a user survey
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:09:29
1 On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 10:56:36AM +0000, Steve Long wrote:
2 > Ryan Hill wrote:
3 > > I agree, though year of birth might be interesting. Income and children
4 > > are a bit too private.
5 > >
6 > ++ in general although I do think parenthood (if responsible) is as relevant
7 > as age. A 28 year old with a 5 year old kid has a lot to show a 35 year old
8 > doctoral student with no kids, even if it's not all technical. # of kids
9 > isn't relevant.
10 I put # of kids in there as a lark, perhaps it might be better as 'do
11 you have children', with an eye to seeing how it affects their package
12 choices - see games and education packages for kids, plus the previous
13 USE=offensive debate on the desktop backgrounds with scantily-clad
14 woman.
15
16 > Maybe it's not something you want to ask the users, but it would be more
17 > interesting wrt devs, as would statistics on standard Equal Ops monitoring
18 > (a legal requirement on employers in the UK, even if the person declines to
19 > answer, which is ofc their right.)
20 Go some good links on that? They might have good question wording we can
21 borrow?
24 Robin Hugh Johnson
25 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
26 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
27 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85