From: Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
To: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
Cc: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:29:35
1 Well I for one would be completely SOL without it, my isp is sane and
2 doesn't use PPPoE thank god. They do however use DHCP. And in case your
3 wondering who my ISP is, it's Comcast Cable, which probably has more
4 users than SOHO DSL. It isn't as if they are a little ISP.
5
6 Also, every wireless gateway on the planet uses DHCP, same goes for
7 basic firewall boxes.
8
9 I don't see the need to tell all those users that they have to do
10 additional things in order to get thier box on the net during the
11 install process. Do you? It doesn't hurt anything to leave it.
12
13 my .02 cents...
14
15 Kevyn