From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] db4
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 08:29:47
1 On Saturday 24 May 2003 08:41, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 >
3 > I replied that I'd like this fixed, and Paul replied and said that he'd get
4 > on it. It doesn't appear that this effort has been completed as the current
5 > db in portage still uses non-versioned symbols. We should get this done
6 > before the 1.4 release so that new users don't have to worry about
7 > recompiling all their db-based apps.
8 >
9 > I just talked to Seemant on irc. He's going to get the right people working
10 > on this so that we get some kind of good solution in place asap. Thanks in
11 > advance to anyone who helps out in this effort.
14 Oops, I found that I forgot to commit the corrected versions.
15 Committing them now. Note that only db4 versions will have versioned symbols,
16 as versioning db3 will create the same breakage as versioning db4 will.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Researcher