From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes to date format of current GLEPs (was: GLEP 42 (Critical News Reporting) round five)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:08:32
1 On Tue, 2005-13-12 at 20:43 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:35:44 +0100 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | I don't think that we need a GLEP for it, no matter how 'mini' it
5 > | would be.. Just asked Grant if I can convert dates in current GLEPs,
6 > | and he's ok with, though he wanted to have input from -dev first, so:
7 > |
8 > | Anyone objecting to change those dates from "dd-mon-yyyy" format to
9 > | "yyyy-mm-dd"?
10 >
11 > I object. You're changing the GLEP process, and the way that that's
12 > done is through another GLEP. Otherwise we'll end up with people
13 > writing GLEPs following GLEP 1, and not realising that GLEP 1 is no
14 > longer how things work.
15
16 Why not just modify GlEP 1 ?
19 Olivier CrĂȘte