From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes to date format of current GLEPs (was: GLEP 42 (Critical News Reporting) round five)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:50:39
1 On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:35:44 +0100 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I don't think that we need a GLEP for it, no matter how 'mini' it
4 | would be.. Just asked Grant if I can convert dates in current GLEPs,
5 | and he's ok with, though he wanted to have input from -dev first, so:
6 |
7 | Anyone objecting to change those dates from "dd-mon-yyyy" format to
8 | "yyyy-mm-dd"?
9
10 I object. You're changing the GLEP process, and the way that that's
11 done is through another GLEP. Otherwise we'll end up with people
12 writing GLEPs following GLEP 1, and not realising that GLEP 1 is no
13 longer how things work.
14
15 Doing things properly wouldn't be difficult here. GLEP 43 took less
16 than half an hour. It's worth doing it for the sake of not confusing
17 future GLEP authors.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm