From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
Cc: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Breaking up the beast known as app-games
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:15:05
1 > I don't see the main difficulty in modifying portage, but rather in
2 > doing the transition to the new tree without breaking backward
3 > compatibility with old installed portage versions. There are some
4 > people, especialy those who run gentoo on production servers, who don't
5 > do their weekly deep update :/
6
7 I'm the one who proposed the 2 levels a long time ago for zope & apache
8 stuff. I don't see the problem with backward compatibility ??
9 You won't have the new tree until a sync or rsync. there, a message will
10 warn you (as every time) to update portage.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list