From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:59:47
1 tis 2002-01-08 klockan 16.54 skrev Damon M. Conway:
2
3 > I think this is where eclasses could really help. Eclasses should allow
4 > you to create a meta ebuild that looks for certain make.conf vars set and
5 > react accordingly. danarmak and drobbins are the ones to ask for more
6 > details on eclasses.
7
8 For now eclasses should _only_ be used in KDE. A decission still has to
9 be made about eclasses. And both me and drobbins have some objections to
10 eclasses.
11
12 For one I think that eclasses break one of ebuilds most important
13 strength. The ease of use, that they are almost identical to installing
14 a package manually.
15
16 Regards,
17 Mikael Hallendal
20 Mikael Hallendal
21 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
22 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden