From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NEWS item for games destabling
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 10:36:44
1 On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 10:26:29 +0100
2 David Seifert <soap@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Round 2 (with correct whitespace this time):
5 >
6 > Title: No stable KEYWORDS for Gentoo Games
7 > Author: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
8 > Content-Type: text/plain
9 > Posted: 2017-11-20
10 > Revision: 1
11 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
12 > Display-If-Keyword: amd64 x86
13 >
14 > As the Games team does not have enough manpower to keep tabs on all
15 > games packages, we have dropped all ebuilds maintained by the games
16 > project to unstable KEYWORDS (without those required by other stable
17 > packages). If you have any of these stable games packages installed,
18 > you will have to add them to /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/
19 > manually. Failures related to missing stable KEYWORDS will show up as
20 >
21 > The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
22 > (see "package.accept_keywords" in the portage(5) man page for more
23 > details)
24 > # required by @selected
25 > # required by @world (argument)
26 > =games-action/0verkill-0.16-r4 ~amd64
27 >
28 > While we accept that this will cause some irritation for the
29 > community, pretending we have a well supported games collection by
30 > having a wealth of stable games packages is misleading at best. We
31 > welcome contributions from outsiders willing to polish up the games
32 > landscape in Gentoo via the Proxy Maintainers.
33
34 What does it mean for the future? Should not users bother to test &
35 write stabilization request bugs for games anymore? Or stabi
36 requests will still be accepted?
37
38 Robert
42 Róbert Čerňanský