From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Software patents
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 05:37:03
1 On Monday, July 04, 2005 10:14 pm, Stuart Longland wrote:
2 > Why stop there? Why not extend it to hardware manufacturers that make
3 > heavy use of patents?
4 >
5 > Good luck finding a decent video card for that lovely desktop of yours. :-)
6
7 I'm still holding out hope that the open sourced video card project (of which
8 I can't recall the name) will have some degree of success. It'll likely be
9 some time before they'll even be able to release a (conservative) moderately
10 powerful graphics card.
11
12 The likelyhood of them competing with nVidia is fairly low, but I suppose that
13 the same was once said of AMD versus Intel.
17 Anthony Gorecki
18 Ectro-Linux Foundation