From: Nils Freydank <holgersson@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moderator ruleset for gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 09:19:49
1 Am Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 23:37:48 CET schrieb R0b0t1:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Nils Freydank <holgersson@××××××.de> wrote:
5 > > Hello everyone,
6 > >
7 > > with regards to the current mailing list (ML) split discussion, and one
8 > > specific message deep down there by mgorny asked for someone providing
9 > > moderator rules, I would like to propose the following ruleset for
10 > > gentoo-dev
11 > >
12 > > Right now the situation escalated in a way that forces to actually do
13 > > something and I hope we can recreate an atmosphere where technical
14 > > improvements can happen.
15 >
16 > To me, at least, this isn't self-evident. What specific actions make
17 > you think an immediate response is necessary?
18 >
19 > self-evident
20 > adj. Evident to one’s self and to nobody else.
21 >
22 > Cheers,
23 > R0b0t1
24 There is a specific RFC about splitting the mailing list because of a
25 problematic style of conversation.
26
27 Even if that split won’t happen -- I don’t know if mgorny has the "right" or
28 support to do that and I personally want to stay out of these discussions -- I
29 really *do* think that a moderation of a frequented mailing list like gentoo-
30 dev is a generally good idea. Therefore we need properly documented rules
31 (beside moderators).
32
33 To answer you question: I think the RFC introduces either a "time pressure" or
34 should be seen as sign that this list needs an improvement.
35
36 Regards,
37 Nils
40 GPG fingerprint: '766B 8122 1342 6912 3401 492A 8B54 D7A3 FF3C DB17'
41 Holgersson