From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: automatically killing invalid CFLAGS/warning about bad CFLAGS
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:29:11
1 James Potts wrote:
2
3 > -fvisibility-inlines-hidden not only breaks a number of kde apps afaik (it's
4 > filtered now),
5
6 Again, probably -fvisibility=hidden. Many people have had success building KDE
7 with both flags enabled lately, so maybe that's something that could be
8 revisited when 4.1 goes ~arch. Getting off topic here, so see
9 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-426814.html if you're interested.
10
11 but it also seems to break SDL (using noflagstrip).
12
13 -fvisibility-inlines-hidden affects C++ code. libsdl is written in C. ;)
14
15 > It's not
16 > broken enough that I'm going to remove it from my global CXXFLAGS, tho,
17 > especially since if it breaks something I know about it right away (compile
18 > error) and can remove the flag for that package.
19
20 Right, so you don't find that `sleep 5` at the beginning of every single emerge
21 just a little annoying? ;)
22
23 --de.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list