From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some 'proper coding' notes for ebuilds
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 03:04:54
1 On Saturday 02 August 2003 22:50, Kumba wrote:
2 > Isn't the only time we want to avoid this on a kernel ebuild? There was
3 > an email many weeks ago on -dev I think (mighta been -core) which said
4 > to avoid using epatch on kernel sources, due to it's brute-force method.
5 > Also, what about "xpatch"? I had heard of this mechanism used awhile
6 > ago, but not recently.
7
8 this was meant as a general heads up ... i'm sure the kernel team can handle
9 the kernel ebuilds just fine themselves ;)
10
11 as for xpatch, i havent utilized it myself and havent looked into it ... right
12 now 'epatch' is in portage, 'xpatch' is not ... it doesnt really matter too
13 much since if we upgrade all packages to use epatch, we can easily switch
14 over to 'xpatch'
15
16 pkgs that currently use xpatch:
17 app-text/a2ps