From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Training points for users interested in helping out with ebuild development (was: Re: Retiring)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:01:56
1 On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o> posted
3 > 200905101051.43926.bangert@g.o, excerpted below, on  Sun, 10 May
4 > 2009 10:51:38 +0200:
5 >
6 >> also, i feel voting for bugs is completely underutilized. votes make it
7 >> apparent to the developers which bugs bug a lot of people. the incentive
8 >> to fix those first is there...
9 >
10 > I know I've never use the bug vote feature, partly because I simply
11 > forget it's there now, and partly due to confusion from seeing the
12 > earlier rants against it.  Such confusion makes for pretty strong
13 > negative conditioning.
16 Also, most people I know use CCing-frequency as a measure of how many
17 people are facing a particular bug, and what importance level to
18 assign to it. Votes only cause unnecessary noise and irritation --
19 worse than "me too!" comments.
23 ~Nirbheek Chauhan