From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New categories: mate-base and mate-extra
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:34:40
1 Tom Wijsman posted on Sat, 22 Feb 2014 18:08:24 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 >> That seems a little on the small side? Can we just do a single category
4 >> for all of it, instead? People can go bikeshed on the name.
5 >
6 > TL;DR: Yes, we could try that; but what would be a consistent name?
7
8 mate-desktop ?
9
10 (The mate-base and mate-extra split seems more consistent with the rest
11 of the tree to me, and around a dozen packages each seems fine, but if
12 it's to be a single category, mate-desktop seems reasonable. Or desktop-
13 mate, or mate-dt...)
14
15 Regardless, thanks for bringing mate to gentoo. =:^)
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman