From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for advanced useflag-syntax
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:12:50
1 On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:26:44 +0200
2 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > * Noack, Sebastian <S.Noack@××××××××××.de> schrieb:
5 >
6 > <snip>
7 >
8 > > Hey, come on. We're not Debian! Unnecessary and senseless
9 > > splitting of packages is against the philosophy of Gentoo.
10 >
11 > I don't think "we are not xyz" is a good argumentation in
12 > technical discussions.
13 >
14 > At this point, Debian is actually doing good work. The bad thing is
15 > that those things don't get neither into the upstrem nor other
16 > distros. That's exactly what my OSS-QM project is for.
17
18 *sigh*, if you want to use a source based Debian (as the combination of
19 all your posts seems to indicate) then do so, stop trying to convert
20 Gentoo into that. Or create your own private fork.
21 I start to get *really* annoyed by your overall behavior in the last
22 weeks, and I can tell you that takes quite a bit of effort.
23 Really, re-evaluate your motivation for being on this list.
24
25 Marius
30 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
31 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.