From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
Cc: Yuri Enshin <kot@××××××××××××××.ru>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 04:46:43
1 On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 04:18, Luke-Jr wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Sunday 24 August 2003 08:15 am, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
6 > > Man pages is an integrate part of a system in my opinion - how anyhow
7 > > are you going to tell them to RTFM if not there :P
8 > Have the install manual suggest installation of them.
9
10 O.K.
13 > > > ext2/ext3 are still considered Linux native, so that may be justification
14 > > > for their inclusion in system, if not for the fact that reiserfs is a bad
15 > > > idea for a /boot partition... I wouldn't have any objection to their
16 > > > removal from system, though.
17 > >
18 > > e2fsprogs provide /sbin/fsck ... 8)
19 > fsck, unless I'm mistaken, merely detects the filesystem and runs
20 > fsck.{ext3,xfs,reiserfs,etc}. It could probably be provided by all packages
21 > which provide a fsck, or baselayout.
22
23 Ok, and who wants to bloat now ? I have diff filesystems on diff
24 partition depending on what it is used for (and I bet I am not the
25 only one).
26
27 I also guess you are going to rip fsck, or code a new one, and maintain
28 it for all ...
34 Martin Schlemmer
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
36 Cape Town, South Africa