From: Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Brandon Hale <brandon@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] chroot USE flag?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 06:43:22
1 On Friday 18 July 2003 07:54, Brandon Hale wrote:
2
3 > I received a similar
4 > argument concerning SE Linux, whose superior security model negates the
5 > usefulness of chroot'ing a service. However, SE Linux is currently
6 > difficult to implement effectively and not a feasible choice for the
7 > average sysadmin.
8
9 I have recently adopted systrace as a "better chroot". I find it is easier to
10 set up a new service under systrace than both chroot and selinux. Unlike
11 chroot, it is easy to disable systrace briefly if you suspect the security
12 hardening may be causing a problem.
13
14 Another advantage is that systrace is available to non-root users. That makes
15 it easier to prototype policies.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list