From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use GGZ?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:26:20
1 Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Tuesday, 16. April 2002 17:47, you wrote:
4
5 [ ... ]
6
7 > > now, the problem is the external games. I think it would be
8 > > rather nifty and cool if they got GGZ-support since they're in
9 > > portage already, but this would require patching some games and
10 > > just building with special parameters on others. but, it is not
11 > > in the nature of Gentoo to require GGZ for freeciv now, is it? :)
12 > >
13 > > I don't really see how this can be achieved nicely without adding
14 > > (yet) another USE-flag. comments anyone?
15 >
16 > sounds like a real reason to incorporate another use flag - this is
17 > what they are for. make sure you have a good description for
18 > /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc ready...
19 >
20 > looking forward to the result
21
22 sorry for the delay, I got caught up patching portage. *grin*
23
24 I am about to submit the following ebuilds though:
25
26 dev-libs/libggz-0.0.5
27 dev-libs/ggz-client-libs-0.0.5
28 app-games/ggz-server-0.0.5
29 app-games/ggz-txt-client-0.0.5
30 app-games/ggz-gtk-client-0.0.5
31 app-games/ggz-gtk-games-0.0.5
32
33 the dependencies are somewhat obvious, but I'm wondering on how to
34 submit this? making 6 ebuild bugs in bugzilla is something I can do
35 if that is the preferred way of doing such a batch, or I can tarball
36 them. or something. also, should I assign this to anyone in
37 particular?
38
39 I have some problems with the KDE-ebuilds, I'll make a thread on
40 their own for that though. hopefully they'll come along as well.
41 and there are some weird bugs in the gtk-games, but, *cough* version
42 0.0.5. oh well. :)
45 Terje