From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use GGZ?
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:38:23
1 On Tuesday, 16. April 2002 17:47, you wrote:
2 > the GGZ is the "Gnu Gaming Zone" which has its homepage at
3 > sourceforge: <url: http://ggz.sourceforge.net >. the current
4 > release (0.0.5) supports 17 games, of which a quite a few are
5 > well-known external games such as FreeCiv, BzFlag, TEG and X-Tux.
6 > now, for these games one needs to build with the ggz-libraries to
7 > get support for GGZ.
8 >
9 > I've been working on some GGZ-packages for a week or so, and I'm
10 > nearly done. the libraries and server are done, the GTK
11 > applications are done (with some odd problems, but they are bugs in
12 > the general code it seems). the KDE stuff is still broken, and I
13 > might wait for the KDE3 port which is a week or two away.
14 >
15 > now, the problem is the external games. I think it would be rather
16 > nifty and cool if they got GGZ-support since they're in portage
17 > already, but this would require patching some games and just
18 > building with special parameters on others. but, it is not in the
19 > nature of Gentoo to require GGZ for freeciv now, is it? :)
20 >
21 > I don't really see how this can be achieved nicely without adding
22 > (yet) another USE-flag. comments anyone?
25 sounds like a real reason to incorporate another use flag - this is
26 what they are for. make sure you have a good description for
27 /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc ready...
28
29 looking forward to the result
32 regards
33 Thilo