From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tools to help QA
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:06:11
1 On Thursday 24 June 2004 23:18, Eric Olinger wrote:
2 > I've done some coding on similar tools and can help, if you'd like me
3 > to. I only have a few questions.
4
5 Great ;-)
6
7 > As far as pulling information Bugzilla, whats the best way to
8 > interface python code with Bugzilla? I tried searching but only came up
9 > with a few dead projects and nothing really useful.
10
11 I'd assume that any interfacing with Bugzilla will have to be done via GET
12 requests over http. Google should be able to turn up some documentation on
13 the URL parameters that work with Bugzilla.
14
15 I should say that, when I get the chance to talk to sj7trunks, I'm looking
16 into a change to our Bugzilla that would make life a lot easier. Basically,
17 I'm interested in users being able to assign a bug against a specific package
18 when the bug is submitted. At the moment, it looks like we'd add the package
19 name to the Keywords field of a bug.
20
21 > Second is there a xml or text list of all the developers to check the
22 > maintainers in the metadata.xml files against?
23
24 There's supposed to be one somewhere on gentoo.org, but I can't find it. To
25 be honest, I'd be happy to handle this by caching /etc/passwd off of
26 dev.gentoo.org, and checking devs against that.
27
28 Best regards,
29 Stu
30 --
31 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
32 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
33 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
34
35 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
36 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C